Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First Vet Visit - From Mom

It started out well, and then the old Roxy anxious panicked whining/howling/circling began! Oh no! I was losing her fast! So I thought, WWAD! What would Ashley do! Come on B&B training, come to my brain. CYCLES! She would do cycles and heeling and so I began doing that in the tiny room I had to do it in. Eventually she became so focused on me and obeying that she forgot where we were. She forgot this was scary and new, and when she was really calm, I had her sit on the bench.

The vet assistant walked in, and Roxy didn't even move. She whined a little, just curious at who this new person was, but stayed without any word or signal from me!

She was SO GOOD the whole time! The only time she tried to pull away was when they shoved a thermometer up her butt, but who wouldn't I mean really? The vet even said how good of a dog I have, and how it's so nice to deal with the sweet ones when there's so many that give the vet a hard time! I mentioned it was a lot of training and he should've seen her a month ago LOL! Roxy had a great experience, even though she was poked/prodded/stabbed/violated, she felt confident and calm and trusted me! And I was a happy mommy =).

Seriously, THANKS B&B!

No comments:

Post a Comment